Health & Wellness
Community Health Nurse
The Northwest Community Healthcare Community Health Nurse provides the following services:
- Chronic disease management
- Infant and child health & wellness services
- Health education in: finding affordable healthcare, choosing healthy and low-cost foods, stress management techniques, safety, and fitness
- Referrals for patients with special healthcare needs
- Domestic violence and abuse referrals
- Community Health Worker
Community Health Worker
The Northwest Community Healthcare Community Health Worker cares for clients beyond the walls of the hospital. Bilingual and dedicated, she can help manage health and answer any questions.
- Referrals to community clinics
- Referrals to social services
- Prenatal tours and support
- Discharge planning
- Education and support for diabetes and heart failure
Palatine Park District
In partnership with the Palatine Park District, we offer fitness classes at prices and locations that are easily accessible to our clients.
Roots Community Garden
The Roots Community Garden provides community members an opportunity to develop leadership skills and educate themselves about growing food by collectively managing a garden, as well as providing some fresh food to POC’s clientele.
A steering committee composed of seasoned Roots gardeners together decides by-laws, educational, and capital needs for the garden. In turn, POC’s garden coordinators identify corporate and educational partners who can provide the resources necessary to provide for those needs.
Educational topics covered at the garden include:
- Tending to Tomatoes
- Square Foot Gardening
- Vertical Gardening
- Weed Suppression
- Companion Planting
- Growing Berries
Partners for Our Communities (POC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
As such, donations are tax-deductible.
POC is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees, applicants for employment, and individuals and families to which services are provided, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age, disability, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.