Partners for Our Communities received Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA) grant funding to offer community engagement events and teen programming.
All events, workshops and programs center around promoting violence prevention and intervention. Key partners with this grant are with the Palatine Police Department, Cook County Sheriff’s Department and Palatine High School.
ICJIA Goals of the 2020-2024 Statewide Violence Prevention Plan include the following:
Stop violence and promote safety.
Support children, youth, and families by emphasizing programs that foster social connectedness and belonging.
- Address systemic equities by increasing access to grants and other economic opportunities.
- Support violence prevention programming that builds, supports, and sustains mentally and physically strong individuals, families, and communities.
- Promote collaboration across state, municipal, and community based agencies with data and research support.
Highlights from 2022-2023
- Better Together
- Let’s Get Connected pop-up events in apartment complexes
- Child safety and car seat event
- Family Game Night
- Monthly workshops
- Outreach events to connect with families on upcoming events
- Collaboration with key organizations in the community
Teen Programs & Events
- Weekly teen program
- Teen Bingo Night
- Outreach events at D211 & D15
- Teen Loteria
- Guest speakers
- Meet the School Resource Officer
- Active Shooter “what if” scenarios
- Healthy Relationships